This crock pot oxtail stew is brimming with flavour, with a tasty broth mixture, potatoes, carrots, and a variety of herbs and seasonings.
The combination of red wine, beef broth, and tomato sauce make for a savory and flavorful oxtail stew. Some prefer to accompany the dish with mashed potatoes, but rice is also a great alternative.
- 800g (serves 2)
- 1.60 kg (serves 4)
Beef, Carrots, Celery, Rosemary, Thyme, Bay Leaves, Cloves, Onion, Tomatoes, Red Wine, Beef Stock, Flour Olive oil, Black Pepper and Salt.
NOT SUITABLE FOR MICROWAVES UNLESS PLACED IN AN OVEN PROOF DISH
*DEFROST PRIOR TO COOKING*
- Preheat oven to 200°C. Remove lid
- Place in the centre of the oven on a baking tray
- 320g (Serves 1) – Cook for 15-20 minutes uncovered, until golden brown
- 640g (Serves 2) – Cook for 15-20 minutes uncovered, until golden brown
- Ensure food is piping hot throughout, If not, heat for an additional brief period.
- Allow food to stand for 5 minutes before serving
- Once defrosted, please keep refrigerated and eat within 48 hours
*It is important to note that the listed portion sizes should be used as a guide only, as it really depends on each individual’s appetite and if any accompaniments are being served.
Wisefood provides healthy meals cooked only with fresh ingredients. We freeze the goodness in as soon as possible after cooking. We regularly inspect our stock and make sure that all our products are fresh. There is no need for us to use preservatives and we hold back on the salt and sugar. This is the kind of cooking that you would do at home. Our value to you is the convenience of selecting the meal from the freezer and heating it up. You will have comfort that the food you serve to your loved ones is nutritious and the best you can do as caretaker of the family.
We do encourage you to serve more than one of our meals together for a more diverse offering and why not add a fresh salad for some variety?
Please be sure to review our Terms and Conditions.